Summer means bugs and sweat. Most of the bug invasion happens during the summer time when you are lazy to do anything because of the temperature. The bug may be harmless but the smells can really annoy you. Not to mention another source of smells like bird poop, sweat, trash, and many others. This article will show you the way to fight back elegantly.
Deals with the Bug
Tiny, squishy, and of course stinky. Yep, that the words to describe those brown pest in your house. Well, the bug is indeed not causing any harm but believe me, your nose is far way better without their fragrance. Here the ways to deal with the bug.
- Watch for any opening in the windows, doors, vents, or outdoor faucets because that’s the entrance for those bugs. Seal it with the caulk or sealant to make sure you build a strong fortress that prevents any bugs to enter.
- Use a nylon stocking and put it over your vacuum hose to suck those stinky bugs. The nylon stocking will prevent the bugs to go straight to the vacuum bag and make it easier to dump.
- Drowning these bugs is the best way to kill them. Put the captured one into the bottle filled with soapy water.
Make sure to keep your trash can clean because it’s your main defense. The hot temperature from summer makes the garbage smell 5 times worse. Here are some tips to make it better for your nose.
- Scrub your garbage can regularly during the summer. It may be disgusting for some people but the effect is awesome to overcome the stink and pests. Remember to do the scrubbing process when your stomach feels strong or you may end up throwing up that make it even worse. Once it finished, you will not experience those awful smell again in the future.
- Dust off the bottom of the can and dry it with baking soda. Then place a dryer sheet or two underneath the can so you can just change it out when dumping the trash.
Prevent your house from mildew smell
It’s summer time! The temperature and the moisture are perfect for mold and mildew to colonize your house. This fungus smell doesn’t right for your nose so here tips to fight it.
- Always keep all things clean and well-organized. It’s your best defense against the summer temperature which allows the air move swiftly. You know that the mold and mildew grow through the spores which float around the air
- Keep your house dry. You can use dehumidifiers or air conditioners to keep the moisture. Or you can add the fans to increase the air circulation.
- Inside the rooms with the high possibility to get musty smells, line them with cedar for a long period of sweet smells.
- The basement is the ideal place for mold to grow. So waterproof your basement for instant protection.